COVID-19 TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS IN ARMENIA (Updated on July 29th, 2020)
DEAR FRIENDS & PARTNERS!
Our beautiful country is ready to welcome visitors back with open arms when health officials give the green light. From the safety of their stay-at-home bubbles, many people are already dreaming up what their post-COVID adventure in Armenia might be! So, please, stay up to date with the latest official information about COVID-19 situation in Armenia.
Currently, a State of Emergency is in force in Armenia. The State of Emergency, to curb the spread of COVID-19, is extended until August 12th.
At the same time, restrictions on free movement and some economic activities, introduced on March 24, were lifted on May 4th.
From May 18th resumed the work of public transport, gyms, kindergartens, open air cafes, markets, restaurants and catering.
The country’s land borders are closed for passenger traffic and are only open for cargo transportation. You can enter the country only by air, through the Zvartnots International Airport.
ENTRY PERMITTED TO
1. Citizens of the Republic of Armenia.
2. Their family members who are not citizens of the Republic of Armenia.
3. Persons who are not citizens of the Republic of Armenia but have the right to reside legally in the Republic of Armenia.
ENTRY FORBIDDEN TO
1. Non-citizens of the Republic of Armenia, except for:
2. Representatives of diplomatic missions, consular posts, international organizations and members of their families.
3. Persons from countries or regions, whitelisted in accordance with the Commandant’s decision, based on their epidemiological situation and other special cases envisaged by the Commandant.
At the moment, you can fly to Armenia by regular flights from Belavia Belarusian Airlines, as well as with the special charter flights (repatriation flights).
All arriving in the country are required to go through 14 days of self-isolation. All others airlines have suspended regular flights in advance until mid August.
NEW ALERT! According to the new decision of Commandant from July 29th, 2020, the following persons shall be exempt from coronavirus-related self-isolation in Armenia upon arrival.
NO NEED TO SELF-ISOLATE UPON ARRIVAL FOR
1. Those arriving on state, official, and working visits to Armenia as part of foreign delegations.
2. Representatives of diplomatic missions and consular facilities and their families, as well as representatives of international organizations and their family members.
3. Persons invited to Armenia on the basis of urgent healthcare, military and security, economic production needs.
4. Those arriving in Armenia to perform works or provide services within the framework of infrastructure programs implemented by the Armenian state.
5. On other exclusive grounds on the basis of the permission by the Commandant.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
To obtain additional information, please contact Phoenix Tour at email@example.com